The field of ayurvedic medicine has some of the most natural remedies for everyday health problems. These common sense remedies have been tested by time and have received accolades from many concerning their effectiveness.
Just as with drugs, one may work better for some individuals while another is more favorable to another. A few may be used in combination to treat several symptoms of a particular health problem at once.
Most Common Remedies
Several common sense remedies seem to lessen the symptoms of a bad cough. To keep the throat moisturized and promote healing, the following herbs might be used:
- Comfrey root
- Cardamom mixed with draksha
All of these herbs can have a soothing effect on a cough, but some dietary changes may help as well.
People with throat problems should refrain from eating frozen or refrigerated items. These include drinks, yogurt, and ice cream. Skim milk is the exception if it is heated with some ground ginger or mixed with a tiny bit of turmeric.
Vegetable soups and herbal teas are especially good for an irritation of the throat.
Sinusitis is a condition experienced by many with remedy possible in natural ayurvedic medicine. The next time you have an attack, ayurvedic specialists recommend one of these solutions:
- Place three drops of eucalyptus oil in hot water with a little honey. Drink this mixture two to three times during the day.
- Boil a half teaspoon of dried thyme, two cloves, and a stick of cinnamon in quart of water. Let the mixture set for several minutes, then strain the herbs from it, and drink.
- Place a clove of garlic in boiling water, and inhale the steam.
- Put some drops of eucalyptus oil in boiling water and breathe the steam through the nose.
If you are suffering from sinusitis, you should eliminate butter, fried foods, and cheese from the diet and include plenty of green leafy vegetables. Indian gooseberry is also an excellent choice.
Ayurvedic remedies for the common cold include a detoxifying diet and the following suggestions:
- Fast for a few days if you are healthy enough.
- Consume lemon and ginger with warm water and honey.
- Add cinnamon, basil, or cloves to your teas.
- Produce a mild sweat with blankets or a steam bath.
Because it has been around for centuries, the field of ayurvedic medicine can help with both the prevention of diseases and provide remedies for the most common ailments. The following pages are full of valuable Ayurvedic remedies that may be helpful to you.