Remedies for hair loss and balding have become a big business in recent years, but most provide only partial success while others are so expensive that they are unrealistic for most victims of thinning hair.
Thankfully, a form of holistic healing which originated in India is bringing new hope in the form of Ayurvedic treatment for hair loss.
Ayurvedic treatment for hair loss is unique to each individual and work to balance all of the systems of the body to help them perform in a harmonious interdependence.
Some Simple Solutions for Preventing Hair Loss
Ayurvedic treatment for hair loss uses herbal solutions created for the four special body types or doshas.
Several principles are central tenants in this time-proven medical philosophy which can be valuable to anyone desiring to stop hair loss or encourage new growth. These rules are quite simple.
- Wear a hat or use other protection from the sun to keep the head cool.
- Consume more Omega 3 acids, Vitamin C, B-Complex Vitamins, sulfur, iron, and zinc.
- Apply the appropriate oils to the scalp for your particular dosha.
- Remedy toxicity levels through hair analysis and diet.
People with Pitta Dosha are Prone to Hair Loss – Solutions that Work for Them
According to Ayurvedic thought, people who have a pitta dosha are much more likely to have difficulty retaining their hair over time.
Those with a pitta dosha should make a special drink to consume before going to bed each night, using goat milk as a base, to which the patient should add a half teaspoon of an herbal mixture made from five parts dashamoola, four parts Bhringaraj, and three parts Jatamamsi.
Tips for the Receding Hair Lines – Scalp Massage, Yogurt…!
Professionals in the field of Ayurvedic treatment for hair loss also promote the benefits of scalp massage.
Individuals suffering hair loss should massage the head with brahmi oil and vitamin E before retiring each night. They should also include sesame seed and yogurt in their morning meal to give them additional calcium and magnesium.
Herbal Solutions for Preventing Hair Loss
Certain other herbal solutions are prescribed in Ayurvedic treatment for hair loss. These include the following:
- Rinsing the hair with sage tea and apple cider vinegar or chamomile.
- Using licorice extract
- Shampooing hair with baby shampoo containing two tablespoons of horsetail in four ounces of heated water.
- Drinking a glass of water with a tablespoon of stinging nettle, water cress, and birch leaves.
- Massaging oils including rosemary, marigold or arnica into the scalp.
Some of these treatments will work better than others for particular doshas, and healers knowledgeable in Ayurvedic treatment for hair loss can give guidance in which is right for each body type and constitution.
Clearly, Ayurvedic treatment for hair loss is much less expensive than traditional drug therapies, and many clients with full heads of hair can attest to its effects.