Generally, acne, pimples and skin problems are associated with the hormonal changes which occur during puberty, but teenagers are not the only age group to suffer from these problems.
Young adults, menopausal women, and people who work in certain unhealthy environments are also prone to develop trouble with their skin.
Though a dermatologist may be helpful, doctors can also be expensive.
It might be prudent to try some of these natural home remedies first to clear your pores. If your skin responds well, you could save significant amounts of time and money.
Embrace Healthy Lifestyle to Clear Your Pores
Since skin problems can actually be related to the health of the entire body, it is best to concentrate on a healthy lifestyle first.
Try to develop these rules into daily habits:
- Drink large quantities of filtered water or green tea.
- Eat several raw foods, such as radishes, romaine, carrots, and tomatoes each day.
- Include foods containing probiotics, such as yogurt, to prevent yeast from developing.
- Get enough fiber in the diet to keep the body free of bacteria and toxins.
- Use olive oil to get omega 3’s into the diet.
- Take a daily vitamin supplement containing zinc, chromium, copper, and vitamins A and B complex.
Acne Home Remedy and Solutions
After establishing a routine incorporating the ideas above, you need an arsenal of home remedies to work on skin problems which might still crop up. Depending on your age and skin type, some of these suggestions may prove useful:
- Make a paste of turmeric and cinnamon with a drop or two of water, and gently rub face daily.
- Use heat to zap bacteria by boiling water in a coffee mug, pouring it out, and rolling the heated cup over the face while it is still fairly hot. Be sure to test cup heat with fingers first to avoid burns.
- Rub fresh fenugreek leaves, which contain bioactive ingredients, into problem areas each night; leave on for ten minutes and rinse with lukewarm water.
- Squeeze the pulp from tomatoes and apply to the affected area for sixty minutes each night. Rinse thoroughly before retiring.
- Ground turmeric added to mint juice may be smoothed onto the face for twenty minutes to treat breakouts; rinse completely after application.
- Purchase a soap containing neem for daily cleansing.
- Make a mixture containing equal parts of rose water and fresh lemon to use once a day after cleansing. Leave on the skin for thirty minutes and rinse.
Meditation, deep breathing and exercise are also beneficial in preventing acne, pimples, and skin problems because they are excellent ways to reduce stress.