Nothing makes a person more beautiful than healthy glowing skin. Natural home remedies offer a variety of unique treatments that work besides those offered by major department stores.
An Ayurvedic skin care regimen includes procedures for cleansing, toning, exfoliating, and moisturizing the skin. Ayurveda also has special formulas to help with specific skin care problems, such as eye treatments and special techniques for facial massage.
Homemade Natural Facial Cleansing
Natural products for facial cleansing might include the following:
- Mix a little coconut oil with water to clean the face each night. Remove with a warm cloth.
- Put unpasteurized milk on a cosmetic sponge to clean the pores of the face.
- Use apple cider vinegar, lemon or lime juice to remove oils and debris from the skin.
- Mix oatmeal with plain yogurt, and apply in a circular motion to clean facial skin.
After cleansing, rubbing a raw potato over the area may lighten dark splotches and even skin tone. Another type of toner can be made from equal parts of honey and cream to the face for a minute or two, and then rinsing it with warm water.
Homemade Masks for Skin Treatment
Homemade masks are easy to make from natural products and are great as exfoliates. Try several of these products to find the one which makes your skin look and feel most vibrant:
- In milk, mix turmeric powder and ground sandalwood to form a paste; leave on skin for five minutes and rinse.
- Combine split orange lentils with ghee and milk until thickened into a paste; apply as a facial mask for several minutes and remove with warm water.
- In a blender or food processor, combine two tablespoons of plain yogurt with a kiwi fruit, and one tablespoon each of almond oil, orange water, and honey. Add a teaspoon of ground almonds, and smooth onto face. Remove with a warm wet cloth.
Homemade Natural Moisturizers
Finally, products may be made at home to keep the skin smooth and soft. These moisturizing treatments often cost pennies in comparison to name brand products and often work better:
- Combine a teaspoon of rose water, orange juice, lime juice, and olive oil with the white of one egg. Leave on the face twenty minutes and rinse with warm water.
- Heat several tablespoons of grated bees wax with four ounces of grapeseed oil and coconut oil until melted. Put a half cup of oats into a cup of water and simmer for ten minutes. Strain the oat water and combine it with a half cup of strong green tea. Start the blender and pour the cooled oil into it slowly. Follow with the green tea mixture. Blend until the blender tries to stop itself. Then remove and store in the refrigerator for moisturizing any area of the body.
[Also check home remedies for common diseases and beauty care]