Nothing is more bothersome and embarrassing than having an itchy head, whether it is caused from a condition such as dandruff or from an infestation of lice.
Thankfully, a home remedy for dandruff or a natural head lice treatment may help relieve an itchy scalp, and many are quite easy to use. The following ideas have been used treat these conditions without harming the hair:
Anti Dandruff Treatments
A flaky scalp is not only annoying, but also it can be unsightly. The most important factor in any home remedy used for this condition is that it stops the dandruff without ruining the hair. The following remedies should do just that:
- Use cider vinegar in the final rinse water after shampooing.
- Boil white beets in water and apply the cooled liquid to the head before bedtime. Using old linens is a good idea when using this treatment.
- Apply snake gourd juice to the scalp until flakes finally reside.
- Mix green gram powder with four ounces of curd; wash head with this mixture two times a week.
- Soak fenugreek seeds in water for eight hours and then mash into a paste; leave this on the hair for thirty minutes at least twice a week and wash away with a natural shampoo.
For Getting Rid of Head Lice
Just hearing the word “lice” can cause a psychological reaction so severe that many people begin to scratch. These tiny mites can multiply rapidly, irritate the scalp, and cause people to scratch hard enough to bring sores.
Once an infestation has begun, killing head lice can be quite a chore. The following home remedies may work better than many over-the counter products:
- Mix vinegar with the shampoo when washing the hair.
- Pour a germ killing mouthwash on the head and wait a few minutes before rinsing.
- To remove nits, massage mayonnaise into the scalp and then run a comb through it.
- Use coconut oil as a final conditioning treatment.
Most importantly, after using any of these head lice treatments, change all bedding and vacuum upholstery thoroughly.
[Also check our list of home remedies for common diseases and beauty care]
Liked this article? Share it with your friends and Post your comments.