Many people think that they must just endure dryness, stretch marks, and chapped lips, but home remedies can actually be helpful for all of these conditions.
By using ingredients commonly found at home to treat these problems, people can also save money.
Home Remedies for Dry Skin
- Use sesame seed oil on the hands and facial features to hold in moisture.
- Coat dry skin with a mixture of honey and milk, let sit for ten minutes and rinse with warm water.
- Smooth peanut butter on flaky skin and let it penetrate the surface for thirty minutes or more.
- Prepare a warm milk bath by pouring a gallon of warm milk and a cup of ground oatmeal into the tub with your normal water.
- Keep hydrated internally by drinking lots of water and avoiding caffeine and alcohol.
Home Remedies for Dry Lips
- Rub the lips with olive oil after each meal.
- Rub cream or clarified butter on the lips at night to prevent drying.
- Hold a raw cucumber slice between the lips for a minute to soothe dry lips.
- Smooth petroleum jelly on the lips each morning and night.
- Use a home humidifier to add more moisture to indoor air.
Home Remedies for Stretch Marks
- Apply vitamin E oil to the lines and massage.
- Smooth cocoa butter into the stretch marks.
- Eat plenty of food s containing vitamin K, such as leafy greens.
- Rub stretch marks with the juice from an aloe vera plant three twice a day.
Cold, windy weather can result in painfully dry lips with only a few minutes of exposure. These natural home remedies can soften and heal chapped lips as quickly as most retail products manufactured for this purpose.