When the liver functions inefficiently and too much bile is allowed into the system, jaundice may occur. It is normally signaled by a yellowing of the skin and of the whites of the eyes. It may also be accompanied by indigestion and fatigue.
Some of these natural remedies can often effectively strengthen functioning of the liver and reduce jaundice:
- Take a quarter teaspoonful of Berberis, sometimes known as jaundice berry, extract three or four times daily.
- To prevent a sluggish liver, drink chicory tea throughout the day.
- Grind Indian aloe leaves into a paste, add a pinch of ginger and black salt, and consume for two weeks.
- Drink coconut water several times a day.
- Begin the morning with eight ounces of tomato juice with a dash of salt and pepper.
- Heat a quart of water with a cup of barley until boiling, cool, and consume by the end of the day.
Natural Ayurvedic Treatment of Jaundice
These special formulas may also be beneficial in the treatment of jaundice. They only take a few minutes to prepare and can help the liver significantly.
- Combine four ounces of lemon juice with an equal amount of beet juice. Drink for several days.
- Process radishes, bitter gourd, and other bitter vegetables. Press the juice from the pulp, and drink six to eight ounces every day.
- Mix Bhumyamalaki with enough honey to sweeten and take a teaspoon three times a day.
- Take a teaspoonful of Arogya Vardhini in honey two times a day.
- Make a tea using the root of Gokulakanta and drink two or three times a day.
- Turpeth powder, or nisoth, can be consumed in hot water twice a day.
- A tea may be made with the leaves of snake gourd and consumed twice a day to ease jaundice.
Liver function may also become more normal after the use of a mild natural laxative. Several choices are available, but you might want to try prune juice or licorice tea as a good beginning treatment. Purgation therapy rids the body of toxins and lightens the load placed on the liver.
Again, it is best to monitor the effect of each treatment on the body before adding to a regimen of natural treatments for jaundice. However, according to Ayurvedic medical practitioners, many of these natural remedies can return the liver to its normal functioning in short order.
[Also check home remedies for common diseases and beauty care]