In years past, the general perception of men and women has been that vanity is a woman’s prerogative and that men have neither the desire nor need to be concerned about personal appearance and good skin care.
This attitude has changed rapidly with each generation, and most men are now as involved in keeping themselves physically attractive as women are.
Natural home remedies, like the ones that follow, can aid men in their quest to look and feel their best:
Men’s Skin and Facial Care – Simple Home Made Natural Products
- Spread pure honey on the skin after shaving to relieve irritation. Remove with warm water after ten to fifteen minutes.
- After processing oatmeal in a blender, add water to make a paste and apply to the face once a week to smooth the face by eliminating dead skin and cleansing pores.
- To reduce the size of skin pores and soften skin, beat together an two egg whites with a teaspoon of lemon juice and apply as a mask. Rinse well with warm water after the mask dries.
- To help reduce body odors, add two tablespoons of apple cider vinegar to the bath water.
- To prevent cracking and soften lips, rub them daily with Shea butter.
- To treat dry skin on the body, mash an avocado and apply to affected areas for fifteen minutes. Rinse thoroughly with warm water.
- To keep feet from sweating and developing an odor, dust them with baking soda before putting on socks or shoes.
- Rub olive oil into the hands before putting on work gloves to prevent calluses.
It is also important for men to remember that sun is especially damaging to the body, and any good men’s skin care routine should include a daily application of sunscreen. This will slow the aging process significantly.
[Also check home remedies for beauty care and common diseases]