Heart disease still kills more Americans than any other health condition. Therefore, the treatment and prevention of it runs into millions of dollars each year.
Many people could effectively care for the heart inexpensively by making some basic lifestyle changes.
These include eating a healthy diet of whole grains, fresh fruits and vegetables, fish and oils containing omega 3 fatty acids, maintaining a normal weight, and performing consistent aerobic exercise.
If these measures are not enough, several natural remedy may aid the body in keeping the heart strong and healthy and saving you from heart attacks and strokes.
Some of the following may work for you:
- Control stress through yoga, meditation, prayer, deep breathing, or counseling.
- Choose foods that are close to nature and not overly processed. Meat, if eaten at all, should be a special treat.
- Add spices such as black pepper, ginger, cinnamon, and turmeric to meals.
- Avoid caffeine, alcohol, and smoking.
- Get plenty of sleep to keep the system balanced.
- Make all meals, small meals.
Ayurvedic Treatments for Heart Diseases
Additionally, certain herbs may have a medicinal effect on heart conditions. The following Ayurvedic treatments may be useful in treating heart disease:
- Apply sandalwood to the center of the forehead and rub on the chest.
- Make a paste containing equal parts of barberry, licorice, katuka, and ghee; eat a tablespoon after meals.
- If heart disease is severe, try a combination of rhubarb and coptis to moderate it.
- Keep your distilled water in a copper container in the refrigerator and drink from it to prevent arteriosclerosis.
- Rub camphor or cinnamon oil on the chest.
- Mix cayenne pepper with ghee and take after a heart attack.
- Grind the seed of oranges and consume with the juice to get the most heart benefit.
Natural Herbs for Heart Care
Try these herbs which have a beneficial effect on factors leading to heart disease. They may be used individually or purchased in combination forms:
- Withania somnifera to keep inflammation at bay
- Ginger to prevent blood clots
- Ocimum sanctum to lower hypertension
- Commiphora mukul to control triglycerides and balance cholesterol levels
- Fenugreek to balance blood sugar levels
Good heart health is a matter of maintaining balance in your life. Eating, exercising, working, and playing in moderation will calm the hormones which react to stress and produce less strain on the heart muscle. These holistic treatments can certainly add years to a normal lifespan.
[Also check home remedies for common diseases and beauty care]