Muscle strain, a pulled muscle, or a sprained ankle can all be painful enough to prevent normal activity for quite a while.
Whether caused by an accident, over work, or some type of medical issue, these maladies result in muscle pain that can often be treated by natural home remedies.
Once other causes of the pain have been eliminated and a broken bone has been ruled out, home remedies can keep swelling and pain under control. Try some of the following home remedies for good results:
- Use sesame oil to char a fourth cup of pepper; rub on a muscle strain to relieve pain.
- Soak an ankle sprain in warm water with Epsom salts to increase blood circulation and reduce inflammation.
- Immediately wrap the damaged muscle in ice to prevent swelling; follow this with alternating heat treatments.
- Use an ace bandage to give support and control swelling, but be sure to wrap it loose enough to prevent circulation problems.
- Take ibuprophen or other over-the-counter anti-inflammatory drug throughout the day to reduce puffiness.
- Elevate a sprained ankle until the swelling subsides.
- Steep eight cloves of fresh garlic in boiling mustard oil until the cloves blacken; cool, and rub on the pulled muscle twice a day.
- Sip ginger tea when experiencing muscle pain to alleviate discomfort.
- Apply a paste made from mustard oil and turmeric to the damaged area and cover with a warm cloth sack filled with salt.
- Boil sprigs of fresh dill in sesame oil and let it cool. Apply this ointment to the sore muscles.
- Allow hot water in the shower to hit directly on the injured muscle to massage and relax it.
With plenty of rest and enough time, the body will begin repairing itself after experiencing a strained muscle or a sprained ankle, but muscle pain can be excruciating in the meantime. These home remedies should make recovery just a bit easier.
Liked the article? Share it with your friends or Post your comments.